We all have to eat lunch and while I don't recommend eating your lunch out every day as it can be costly to your health as well as your wallet, there are those times where you need to grab something to eat out and don't want to spend a lot of money. Here's my list of 5 places you can get lunch for around $5 in the Indianapolis metro area.
- Bazbeaux Pizza (www.bazbeaux.com) - Bazbeaux offers a lunch special Monday through Friday from 11am to 1pm that includes a slice of pizza for $2.75 and a $1.50 soft drink. You're out the door for under $5! If you work at Eli Lilly downtown, Bazbeaux Mass Ave location is a great spot for a spring or summer time lunch.
- Zaxby's (www.zaxbys.com) - Zaxby's is a franchised chain of fast casual restaurants offering chicken wings, chicken fingers, sandwiches, and salads. They offer the Zax Pak Boxed Lunch in three varieties – chicken finger sandwich, chicken fingerz (yes, that's how they spell it), grilled chicken sandwich or five boneless wings. Each comes with a bag of chips, coleslaw and a fresh baked chocolate chip cookie for $5.99. They have a Fishers location and a location near 86th and Michigan Road.
- Scotty's Brewhouse (www.scottysbrewhouse.com) - This is one of my favorite places for lunch or a casual dinner. Scotty's has a carry-out special they call the Brown Bag for $5.99 that includes a quarter-pound cheeseburger and shoestring fries. Scotty's has several locations around the Indianapolis area with one downtown for the convenience of all you Lilly employees that work downtown.
- Dairy Queen (www.dairyqueen.com) - With their $5 Buck Lunch you can choose a crispy chicken wrap, 3-piece chicken strips or the bacon cheeseburger lunch. Each includes fries, drink and a sundae for dessert for $5. Disclosure from Dairy Queen: menu items may vary by location.
- Jockamo Upper Crust Pizza (www.jockamopizza.com) - A $5 Combination here gets you a choice of a pizza slice, salad and drink or salad, bread sticks and drink or soup, salad and drink. I don't know how you could go to Jockamo and not get a slice! Jockamo has locations in Irvington and Greenwood.
Whether you work downtown or in the suburbs, no matter where you are around the Indianapolis metro area for lunch, you should be able to find one of these great places to get a bite to eat while keeping your budget in mind.
Written by: Ed Snyder