How Do I Claim My Tax Credit For My 529 Contributions?

Mar 1st, 2015

Indiana residents who contributed to the CollegeChoice 529 last year need to remember to claim the tax credit on their 2014 Indiana income tax return. It is important to remember to claim the credit as there are no tax forms sent out reporting your contributions.

Your contributions are reported on Schedule IN-529 and then the allowable credit calculated on that form will carry over to Schedule 2: Indiana Credits. Complete details can be found on the Indiana Department of Revenue’s website.

Image courtesy of Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Eli Lilly newsletter

Helpful financial information and tips delivered straight to your inbox.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.